So you want to go to NYLT? That’s great! Here’s what you’ll need to do to register.
1. Meet the eligibility criteria. NYLT is an intense week, and in order to ensure the best possible experience for everyone, all participants (both Boy Scouts and Venturers) need to meet at least the following criteria.
- Age: Be at least 13 years old
- Rank: Be at least First Class rank (Boy Scouts) or have completed the Venturing award (Venturers)
- Training: Have completed basic unit leadership training: ILST (Boy Scouts) or ILSC (Venturers).
- Camping: Have at least one long-term camping experience (Boy Scouts) or have at least one long- or short-term camping experience (Venturers)
- Medical Form: Have a completed medical form (Parts A, B, and C), available here
- MUST HAVE SCOUTMASTER OR ADVISOR SIGNATURE TO ATTEND COURSE
2. Fill out the application. Download the application here and fill it out.
3. Get it signed. You must have your Scoutmaster or Advisor’s signature to attend the course.
4. Send it in. Mail your completed application to:
Blue Grass Council
National Youth Leadership Training
2134 Nicholasville Road, Suites 3 & 4
Lexington KY 40503