So you want to go to NYLT? That’s great! Here’s what you’ll need to do to register.
1. Meet the eligibility criteria. NYLT is an intense week, and in order to ensure the best possible experience for everyone, all participants (both BSA Scouts and Venturers) need to meet the following criteria.
- Be at least 13 years old by the start of the course and 20 or under for Crews.
- Be at least a First Class Scout.
- Have completed the Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops found in the Scoutmaster’s Handbook(#33009) or in separate Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops Manual(#511016).
- Have at least 1 long-term camping experience (a summer camp or similar).
- Have a completed and properly signed medical form (parts A, B, and C), including a copy of your current insurance card.
- MUST HAVE COMPLETE APPLICATION WITH SCOUT, PARENT, AND SCOUTMASTER SIGNATURE TO ATTEND THE COURSE.
3. We have a limited number of first-come, first-served scholarships available based on need. Download the application here and fill it out. Email the completed application along with your Scout’s name and information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your $100 deposit in your online application to reserve your spot. We are only accepting the first 48 scouts, so act quickly to ensure your spot in the program.
NYLT offers an early bird registration discount for those who register before May 15th this year.